You must use these stems to answer this big question:
How did the setting shape Mamacita?
1. In the first part of the story, the mood of the setting feels___________________________________________.
2. I determined the mood of the setting by examining the author’s word choice. Cisneros used___________________________
3. These words have a __________feel or tone which creates a __________ mood.
4. The mood changes in the second part of the story. The mood of the setting feels_______________________________________
5. I determined the mood of the second part by examining the author’s word choice. Cisneros used _____________________________
6. These words have a ___________ feel and creates a ________ mood.
7. In what ways did Mamacita change?______________________
8. The setting shaped Mamacita in these ways: At first she was___________. But then many things happened in the setting such as__________________________________. The setting affected Mamacita by________________________________.